Wednesday, June 13, 2012

While she walks out ......

Yesterday, I picked up Ri from her playschool. As I waited for my daughter to come out, excitement building, like paparazzi waiting for a celeb snapshot, I realised that picking your kid up from school is one of those 'Mastercard' moments.

She walked out, tiny jazzy purple Strawberry Shortcake backpack, a Winnie-the-Pooh water bottle slung on her shoulder, grimy-knees, sweaty head, pink with tiredness and some time in the sun. As I watched her from a distance, I felt a lump in my throat and my eyes involuntarily filled with tears. I was so proud of her. She was adjusting in a new environment and I knew she was giving it her best shot!

Moments like these are 'zen'! Deadlines, home and work-stress fade away. They joy of being a parent is remembered. Ri is ok. She is ok. Everything else comes second.

No comments:

Post a Comment