Wednesday, June 13, 2012

There I said it !

Ri looks like my dad. I'm her mom and I should know. No. She does not look like my mother-in-law! Raj's family have sharp features. Regal noses. Angular faces. Ri and Raj have no similar features! Maybe they share similar expressions but then people should say she 'has similar expressions to him' and not 'she looks like him'.
And, after five years of marriage, you really stop with the 'my family' and 'your family' thing so this is not one of those rants! When you are standing at a distance from her, her long limbs and colouring is similar to RD's side of the family. She is a tall girl like my mother-in-law.

When she gets closer, I notice the mischevious glint in her eyes, her button nose, heart-shaped face and the way her features are placed and I see a little girl version of my dad minus the pot belly!

Ri put it best. I asked her who she looked like and she said 'Ninna'. My mom would concur. She hates 'familial' comparisons. So do I. I would love to agree with my mom and say kids look like themselves but I look at Ri everyday and she looks like my dad.

There, I said it.


No comments:

Post a Comment